On March 18, Axie Infinity officially released the news about the Origin upgrade and update on Twitter. This update contains 7 related content.
1. Axie Infinity’s Origin soft start is performed internally;
2. The soft launch of Origin will be done in stages. Will start small and gradually expand over the months following the initial release;
3. Origin will launch on the desktop via Mavis Hub. This period will focus on gathering critical feedback, testing the scalability of our servers, and enabling our community to begin adapting to new game mechanics;
4. About a month after the desktop version of Origin is released, we will release the Android version of Origin through a mobile APK. The mobile version will be launched separately to ensure our servers have enough capacity to support millions of players;
5. Once the mobile and desktop versions are online, there will be a full release, including SLP rewards, NFT runes/runes, etc., with official seasons;
6. Active efforts will be made to make necessary adjustments to the game so that it can be approved and listed on the Android and iOS app stores;
7.Origin will soft launch PVE Story Mode, Runes, Charms, Training Mode and Ranked Mode. It will be iterated and updated to include features like cosmetics, upgraded parts, tournaments, PVP seasons, and Rogue-like game modes.
In the face of this update, although it is a larger version of the update, the response in the community seems to be not perfect. Axie Infinity supporter cloudwhite tweeted publicly that the upcoming Origin version of Axie Infinity is disappointing. The main reason is that for the first month, the update will only be available on PC, causing the game to come under fire in the community as most players are mobile users.
Axie Infinity is arguably one of the biggest winners in the NFT wave. According to DappRadar data, as of February 2022, the total value of NFTs sold on Axie Infinity reached $4.14 billion, and the number of traders exceeded 1.9 million.
With the help of NFTs, Axie Infinity generated $1.3 billion in revenue over the past year, reaching a daily peak of $17.5 million on August 6, 2021, according to a report by blockchain analytics firm Nansen. There are currently more than 2.8 million unique addresses with more than 11 million Axies, 97% of which have 3 Axies (the minimum threshold to play the game).
Driven by the NFT and P2E wave, the gold mining group in Southeast Asia supported the growth of Axie Infinity’s users, but after the market enthusiasm dropped, Axie Infinity’s active users also dropped by 70% from the highest peak. Nansen analyzed Axie Infinity data at the end of 2021, The sales of Axie Infinity NFTs on the Ronin chain have dropped to a low level, with daily active addresses below 300,000, a drop of more than 70% from the peak of Axie Infinity user activity.
It may be that the idea of relying on P2E has achieved obvious results, a message in February said. Axie Infinity has signed a partnership agreement with Bit2Me, one of Spain’s largest cryptocurrency financial technology service platforms, to grow its business in Portugal, Spain and Latin America. Through this strategic cooperation, Bit2Me will become one of AXS’ exchange partners in Southern Europe and Latin America. Players of Axie Infinity will get all the advantages offered by the Bit2Me platform, such as phone support in Spanish and Portuguese from a local agent, etc.
Posted by:CoinYuppie，Reprinted with attribution to:https://coinyuppie.com/what-will-be-the-update-of-axie-infinitys-origin-upgrade/
Coinyuppie is an open information publishing platform, all information provided is not related to the views and positions of coinyuppie, and does not constitute any investment and financial advice. Users are expected to carefully screen and prevent risks.