The meta universe is expanding. An immersive world full of interactive experiences is opening up in front of us, and because of the emerging Play to Earn model and NFT, economic opportunities have emerged.
Investors are increasingly investing in disruptive meta-universe startups that have the potential to bring substantial returns.
“Meta universe” market undercurrents
- In March 2021, Roblox , the first stock of the meta universe concept, was listed on the NYSE with the concept of “meta universe”, and its market value exceeded US$40 billion on the first day;
- In April 2021, Nvidia CEO Huang Renxun announced that Nvidia will deploy “Meta Universe” business;
- In May 2021, Facebook stated that it will transform into a meta-universe company within 5 years;
- In August 2021, ByteDance spent a huge sum of money to acquire the VR startup Pico;
- In June 2021, Soul affiliated companies applied for trademarks related to “Social Meta Universe for Young People”, and iQiyi Intelligent Technology applied for registration of related trademarks “Qing Yu Yuan Universe”;
- In July 2021, Kuaishou affiliated companies applied for the registration of multiple “Kaishou Yuan Universe” related trademarks;
- In September 2021, Mihayou applied for several trademarks of “Mi Universe”; Tencent registered the topic of “QQ Yuan Universe Trademark” and hit Weibo hot searches; Tencent applied for registration of “Cube Yuan Universe”, “Peace Yuan Universe” and “Elite Yuan” The cumulative number of “universe” and other related trademarks has reached more than 20 related trademarks, and the classification includes education and entertainment, social services, etc.; A-share game stocks such as Zhongqingbao, Century Huatong, and Sanqi Mutual Entertainment have skyrocketed;
It can be seen that, regardless of domestic and foreign activities, undercurrents surrounding the “meta universe” are surging, and each company is planning to occupy the relevant market in advance.
What is the meta universe?
The term metaverse first appeared in the science fiction novel “Avalanche” published by Neil Stephenson in 1992. The article uses an Internet that is not previously imagined-virtual reality (Metaverse) to show that it is a close connection with society. The three-dimensional digital space is parallel to the real world, and people who are geographically isolated from each other in the real world can communicate and entertain themselves through their “avatars”. Does it sound like a virtual social application developed by Facebook?
Why did the meta universe become popular?
In the past twenty years since the word meta universe appeared, the hot tipping point again was on March 10, 2021. Roblox, the sandbox game platform, as the first company to include the concept of “meta universe” in its prospectus, successfully landed on the NYSE. , The market value on the first day of listing exceeded 40 billion U.S. dollars, detonating the technology and capital circle.
Roblox officially stated that a true meta-universe product should have the following eight elements: 1. identity; 2. friends; 3. immersion; 4. low latency; 5. diversification; 6. anywhere; 7. economic system; 8. civilization ；
To achieve the foundation of the above eight elements, at least XR extended reality (Extended Reality), blockchain, edge computing and other aspects of technical support are required. Among them, computing power is the most important infrastructure of the meta universe. The computing power supports the creation and experience of virtual content in the metaverse, and is the prerequisite for realistic modeling and interaction. Networks above 5G will provide Metaverse with high-speed, low-latency, and large-scale access transmission channels. The immersive style makes XR, that is, the combination of VR/AR/MR, the first entrance to the meta-universe. The blockchain technology provides a decentralized clearing and settlement platform and value transfer mechanism. Guarantee value ownership and circulation, so as to ensure the stability and efficiency of the seventh element economic system, the transparency of the rules and the definite implementation of the rules.
In contrast, another giant, Facebook, is the most well-known “metauniverse” concept company besides Roblox. It has entered the experience layer (launched the VR social platform Horizon) and the human-computer interaction layer (acquired Oculus). Facebook started acquiring Oculus in 2014.
- In October 2016, Facebook announced that it would invest US$500 million to support the Oculus content ecosystem, and all support projects will be exclusively owned by Oculus.
- In December 2019, Facebook began to develop its own operating system.
- In October 2020, Oculus announced that it can only log in through a Facebook account.
From the layout of Facebook in recent years, it is not difficult to see that the possible realization of Metaverse is mainly around hardware and ecology, seeking to increase the penetration rate of hardware, and then promote the spiral growth of the increase in penetration rate. The key links and the future are full of investment opportunities. “Meta universe” has been regarded as a grand and promising investment theme, and has become a new field of digital economy innovation and industrial chain.
What does it have to do with us?
At present, Metaverse is not a new concept, but has been put on the agenda again with the development of science and technology, and it is a weather vane of technological development.
The NFT that we are already familiar with is the cornerstone of Metaverse. The digital content of NFT plus the blockchain technology encryption technology can effectively protect the copyright of digital content. It happens to be an effective guarantee for the economic system of the Metaverse. Infrastructure such as scene props has a clear ownership relationship.
And this change subverts people’s concept of traditional collections, and any NFT we are currently exposed to may become a potential asset in the future meta-universe. “Meta universe” shows mankind the possibility of constructing a holographic digital world parallel to the traditional physical world; triggers scientific interaction; promotes breakthroughs in the traditional system; encompasses all digital technologies, enriches the digital economy transformation model, and integrates De -Fi, IPFS, NFT and other digital financial achievements.
The conception of the metaverse has a long history, not only the novel “Avalanche”, but also the movie “The Matrix” trilogy, “Genesis”, “Number One Player”, and this year’s “Out of Control Player”.
Especially “Number One Player” and “Out of Control Player” are recommended to everyone. The film has a very complete and true display of the “meta universe” element composition, economic model, and virtual reality interaction. Let us take a first look at the “meta universe”. Vision of the future.
Posted by:CoinYuppie，Reprinted with attribution to:https://coinyuppie.com/what-kind-of-business-map-will-be-laid-out-in-the-future-behind-the-popular-metaverse-concept/
Coinyuppie is an open information publishing platform, all information provided is not related to the views and positions of coinyuppie, and does not constitute any investment and financial advice. Users are expected to carefully screen and prevent risks.