In his opening remarks, Miami Mayor Francis Suarez said.
I want to rely on Bitcoin to make Miami a leader in the tech world, and I’m here to tell the haters and skeptics: this is not a moment, it’s a movement.”
Mati Greenspan, founder of Quantum Economics, commented on Twitter that Bitcoin 2021 was the biggest cryptocurrency conference ever.
But soon after, Pete Rizzo, editor from organizer Bitcoin Magazine, responded by saying.
“This is a bitcoin conference about bitcoin, and bitcoin is the topic.”
As a result, the entire conference was focused on topics discussed around Bitcoin and did not involve competing coins or cottage coins.
In addition to the golden nuggets contributed by Twitter founder Jack Dorsey and Microstrategy CEO Michael Saylor, there were many eye-opening surprises at the conference, such as a U.S. government official’s proposal to back the U.S. dollar with bitcoin, and El Salvador’s President Nayib Bukele announced that 10 million of the country’s population would accept bitcoin as legal tender, in addition to some rather controversial images from the conference.
Here’s a recap of the highlights we put together.
Bitcoin Dairy King Jack Dorsey and Michael Saylor strike gold
Twitter & Square CEO Jack Dorsey and Microstrategy CEO Michael Saylor were the two “milk kings” of the Bitcoin conference, and they kept throwing out golden quotes.
- For me, Bitcoin has changed absolutely everything. What appeals to me most is the spirit of it, and what it represents. The conditions that created it are so rare, so special and so precious that I don’t think there will ever be a more important one in my lifetime.
- If I wasn’t at Square or Twitter, I’d be committed to Bitcoin. If Bitcoin needed more help than Square and Twitter, I would choose Bitcoin, but I think both companies can work.
- Go to Nigeria for a day and see the struggle that people have to endure, go to Ghana, where there are huge numbers of immigrants from across the continent, and you’ll witness the same thing every day, and go to India and you’ll see the same thing.
- We have no interest in anything other than making sure that we build a native currency for the Internet and help in every way that we can. So, I wouldn’t even consider any other coin.
- You only have to look at the economics of it and you’ll know that eventually miners have to make a profit, and it’s really simple to get cheap renewable energy that maximizes their profit potential. I think I reached some consensus with some prominent people, and then that seemed to change in a few weeks …… But I fully believe that over time bitcoin will really incentivize more renewable energy …… and give people more freedom to take unused waste electricity and turn it into something that actually creates value for billions of people around the world.
- it’s incredible to realize that we finally have a currency that can be traded at any point on the planet, and that allows us to move forward, and that’s very exciting, and I’m going to do everything I can to make sure it happens.”
1, When I discovered bitcoin, I thought it was digital gold on the big tech currency network and it would grow 100 times, and then I thought, well, I should buy as much as I can, as fast as I can, or somebody else is going to figure this out and then I won’t be able to achieve my goal.
2, I think Bitcoin is an extraordinary, disruptive, beneficial technology for the entire energy industry. When I looked into it, it was clear that it was the highest value use of intermittent energy. It’s just the highest value use of energy, it’s a solution to develop power plants in remote areas, to improve the efficiency of power plants, and to reduce costs …… I think, as the world understands it, people will go for it.
3, what I’m doing with bitcoin is, I’m saying I don’t want to reduce the capital of the company. I want to keep capital or increase capital, but I want to put assets on the balance sheet. The biggest breakthrough was that I could convert my cash from a liability to an asset, and then we realized that if that asset goes up 10% or more per year, then you should borrow as much money as you can and convert it to that asset.
About Bitcoin ETFs
At this Bitcoin 2021 Whale Day forum, Annemarie Tierney, Ryan Louvar, Matt Hougan, Steve McClurg, and Congressman Warren Davidson discuss the much talked about but slow-moving Bitcoin ETF. .
Steve McClurg stated.
“If governments around the world are printing fiat currency and there is a standard with a limited supply, then this is an important thing for portfolios and corporate balance sheets. Having investment products that give you easy access is key, and ETH provides that.”
Overall, several guests were optimistic about the short- and long-term future of bitcoin ETFs, which, if approved, are expected to lead to significant institutional investment.
U.S. Government Officials: Bringing Bitcoin Innovation Back to the U.S.
It is worth noting that two other U.S. government officials participated in the Bitcoin 2021 conference, Senator Cynthia Lummis and Congressman Warren Davidson, who joined Allan Stevo, author of The Bitcoin Manifesto, for a roundtable discussion titled “Bringing Bitcoin Innovation Back to the U.S.”. Rep. Warren Davidson warned that
“If we don’t protect private wallets, there will be attempts to ban them …… I want people to be as adamant about protecting privacy rights as they are about the Second Amendment.”
And Senator Cynthia Lummis spoke of a potential reserve currency backed by Bitcoin, saying.
“It’s important to have bitcoin backing the dollar as a store of value, just like gold used to be.”
While this idea may not be fully embraced by Bitcoin enthusiasts (Bitcoiner), it was interesting to hear from two policymakers.
First Country to Announce Bitcoin as Legal Tender
During the conference, laser-eyed avatars were once again all the rage, and no, even the president of El Salvador, Nayib Bukele, switched to them, and its also announced that the country will accept Bitcoin as legal tender, with his comment that
“Bitcoin has a market capitalization of $680 billion and if 1% of that investment was in El Salvador, that would increase our GDP by 25%, on the other hand, Bitcoin would have 10 million potential new users and the fastest way to grow the amount of remittances by $6 billion per year.
By using Bitcoin, the income of more than 1 million low-income families will increase by billions of dollars per year in total, which will improve the lives and future of millions of people.
We hope that this decision will be just the beginning, providing a space for some of the leading innovators to reimagine the future of the financial industry in a way that has the potential to help billions of people around the world.
In addition to the normal discussion above, there were some very discordant situations at the conference, such as Max keiser, a well-known Bitcoin supporter, ranting loudly from the conference stage, “We’re not selling, Fuck Elon,” a spaced-out rant that drew a lot of The roar came after Tesla founder Elon Musk drew a lot of ire for repeatedly standing up to the Bitcoin community, but some said the behavior was just clamoring for attention.
After all, Max Keiser’s controversial move did bring him a lot of traffic when he once again performed the “hand-ripping the dollar” trick in an interview with reporters.
Another surprise of the conference was that some dogecoin supporters suddenly barged into the venue, took off their jackets to reveal their dogecoin avatars and shouted the slogan “Dogecoin to the moon”. The dogecoin headshot shouted “Dogecoin to the moon”.
(A certain dog coin supporter burst into the round table and after a display, the staff on the floor quickly went on stage and carried him away =. =)
What did you see from this conference?
Posted by:CoinYuppie，Reprinted with attribution to:https://coinyuppie.com/top-5-hardcore-moments-from-the-miami-bitcoin-conference-btc-veterans-tear-up-the-dollar-rage-against-musk-u-s-lawmakers-push-to-get-btc-to-prop-up-the-dollar/
Coinyuppie is an open information publishing platform, all information provided is not related to the views and positions of coinyuppie, and does not constitute any investment and financial advice. Users are expected to carefully screen and prevent risks.