Join the PolkaWorld community and build Web 3.0 together!
Polkadot and Kusama Gifts are a new way to send DOT or KSM to anyone , even if they don’t have an account or wallet yet.
The use of new users is one of the biggest challenges facing any blockchain. For members of the Polkadot community, so far, the only way for friends and family who are not familiar with blockchain to join Polkadot is to teach them how to set up their own wallets or use centralized custodial services.
Now, with Polkadot or Kusama Gifts, community members can send DOT or KSM to friends and family members in a trustless, non-custodial manner, and they will be guided in the process of setting up accounts and wallets. The gift recipient does not need to have any blockchain technology experience.
The Polkadot gift provides an easy way:
- Friends or family members who are curious about the blockchain but don’t know how to join
- Share your love for Polkadot and send any number of DOT or KSM
- Say “thank you” or send tokens when you don’t know their address
- Friends and family can also join crowdloans
Create a gift
Polkadot gifts can generate a unique “gift secret”, which is a 16-digit number that can be used as a voucher for the recipient to receive the gift.
1. Connect to your account via Polkadot-JS browser extension, Ledger device or Parity Signer.
2. Enter the recipient’s name and the amount you want to send. Confirm the details and click “Confirm”. This will generate a transaction for you to sign, just like signing any transaction you sign.
3. Just after the gift is generated! Simply send the message with the unique gift secret* to the recipient via your favorite secure messaging app, or print the message and hand it to them in person.
Please note that anyone with a gift password can receive your gift, so do not share your password with anyone other than the recipient, and you should keep it safe before receiving the gift. Once the gift is claimed by the recipient, the gift code is useless.
Accept a gift
Gift recipients only need to visit the Polkadot Gift https://gifts.polkadot.network/ or Kusama Gift https://gifts.kusama.network/#/ page, if they have not used the Polkadot-JS browser extension, they will Be guided to complete the process of receiving gifts and setting up an account and wallet. If they already have an account, they can simply collect the gift to their existing address.
Are you ready to try and send your first gift? Visit Polkadot Gifts (https://gifts.polkadot.network/)
Send DOT or Kusama Gifts (https://gifts.kusama.network/#/) Send KSM.
Posted by:CoinYuppie，Reprinted with attribution to:https://coinyuppie.com/send-a-polkadot-and-kusama-gift-to-friends-and-family/
Coinyuppie is an open information publishing platform, all information provided is not related to the views and positions of coinyuppie, and does not constitute any investment and financial advice. Users are expected to carefully screen and prevent risks.