In the ambush airdrop, more airdrops can be obtained by becoming an early participant of the project, experiencing more products, and actively participating in ecological activities.
The story of “getting rich by airdrops” has always been one of the most talked-about topics in the industry, and the “brushes” who use airdrops have been fighting wits and courage with the project side. On May 6th, the cross-chain bridge Hop Protocol officially launched the native token HOP, of which 8% will be airdropped to early related users. At the same time, it said that users who report more than 20 addresses associated with the Sybil attacker will have the opportunity to receive HOP rewards, which is a lot for a while. Professional users of “Lu Mao” joked on the Internet, “I’m going to report myself.”
In order to give back to real users as much as possible, the project team is constantly adjusting the airdrop rules. Now the real active users may be rewarded more with 1 address than with 10 addresses of the Wool Party. This article, PANews, starts from the evolution of the airdrop rules of well-known projects in the Ethereum ecosystem, and analyzes that the airdrop rules are becoming more and more “harsh” in the context of , What kind of real users are more likely to get airdrops, and how should users raise accounts to get airdrops?
- Become an early participant in the project, such as application protocols like ENS, the earlier you participate in the airdrop, the greater the reward;
- Experience products as much as possible, such as DeFi products, multi-experience and interaction will help increase transaction volume, and setting up reverse analysis in ENS is also one of the best performances of experiencing products, and airdrop rewards are directly doubled;
- For the blockchain network, actively participate in the entire ecological activities, such as using more ecological Dapps, participating in on-chain governance voting, etc., such as accumulative rewards and superimposed rewards in the Optimism airdrop;
- For the airdrop rewards of ambush “child chains”, users need to become active participants in the “parent chain” ecology, such as using the above Dapp transactions, participating in its donation activities, etc., to show their attention to the entire ecology, which is in the Cosmos ecology Obviously, basically the projects of the Cosmos ecosystem will be airdropped to the token ATOM pledgers.
Uniswap: There are few restrictions, and all addresses that participated in the early days can receive airdrop rewards
When it comes to airdrops, we have to mention the Ethereum DEX leader Uniswap. On September 17, 2020, Uniswap officially announced that it has released its protocol governance token UNI on the Ethereum mainnet, airdropping 10.06% of the total to 250,000 early users and 4.92% of the total to 49,192 early LPs (liquidity). Providers), 0.02% of the total amount is airdropped to 220 SOCKS holders, and each address that has called the Uniswap v1 or v2 contract can apply for 400 UNI. Overall, the airdrop rules are relatively simple, without too many restrictions, as long as the addresses that participated in the early stage can get airdrop rewards, which also creates opportunities for the “Wool Party”.
dydx: distributed by tier, the higher the tier the transaction volume belongs to, the more rewards
Another eye-catching airdrop project is the perpetual contract protocol dydx. Compared with Uniswap, dydx airdrop rewards are more inclined to users who contribute to the transaction volume of the protocol. The greater the contribution, the more rewards. The specific rules are as follows:
- If you have made a deposit but did not participate in the transaction, each user will receive an airdrop reward of 310.75 tokens;
- The transaction volume is between 1 USD and 10,000 USD, and each user can get 1163.51 token airdrops;
- The transaction volume is between $10,000 and $100,000, and each user can receive 4,349.63 airdrops of tokens;
- The transaction volume is between $100,000 and $1,000,000, and each user can get 6413.91 airdrops of tokens;
- With a trading volume of more than $1 million, each user can receive an airdrop of 9529.86 tokens.
Through comparison, it is found that the reward for each user in the fifth tier is about 30 times that of the first tier, and about 8 times that of the second tier, which indirectly increases the rewards for “real” users. Of course, it does not rule out special transactions. amount of users. For example, if you often use dydx products and the transaction volume reaches more than 100,000 US dollars, even if there is only one address, you can get 6413.91 tokens. On the contrary, if you are a “wool party”, you have established 20 accounts, assuming only deposits. If you do not trade, then the reward for 20 accounts is equivalent to the reward for the above 1 account.
Therefore, it can be seen from the airdrop rewards of dydx that in order to obtain more airdrop rewards, in addition to creating multiple addresses, it is more important to interact with the product, experience the functions of the product, and participate as deeply as possible to improve transactions. quantity.
Although the airdrop rules of dydx are more “reasonable” than the early Uniswap, it still does not effectively improve the rights and interests of long-term users. For example, in dydx, if a large user may join the day before the airdrop snapshot, the transaction volume will exceed 1 million US dollars a day. , the airdrop reward is likely to be much larger than those of long-term ordinary users (the transaction volume is less than 100,000 US dollars), so how to improve the reward factor of long-term users in the airdrop rules is a problem that the project party will consider later.
ENS: The longer the domain name is held, the higher the reward, and the reward for reverse domain name resolution is doubled
Compared with Uniswap and dydx, the airdrop rules of Ethereum Name Service (ENS) have improved the rewards for long-term users of the project. The specific airdrop rules are as follows:
- The airdrop will be allocated to the registered address of the “.eth” second-level domain name that has been registered or is currently valid;
- The airdrop weight is mainly calculated based on the number of accounts rather than the number of domain names;
- The reward formula is a factor of 0.27 multiplied by the number of days in which at least 1 ENS domain name is held, plus a factor of 0.067 multiplied by the number of days until the domain name expires;
- If the account is additionally set to reverse parsing, multiply the above result by a factor of 2.
ENS airdrop rules are biased towards rewarding loyal users of the project. The first choice is that normal users will only buy the domain names they like, and the number is limited. Otherwise, speculators will accumulate a lot of domain names, and the weight will be calculated according to the account, which will reduce the airdrop rewards of speculators to a certain extent. Secondly, for early users, the domain name may have expired, but they will also receive airdrop rewards. At the same time, the coefficient of 0.27 is multiplied by the number of days of holding at least one ENS domain name, which is especially beneficial to long-term loyal users.
Looking at the coefficient of 0.067 multiplied by the number of days until the domain name expires, not only the coefficient is about 1/4 of the former, but the time for speculators to register the domain name is often shorter, so the final airdrop reward is also limited. Finally, for those users who have set up reverse resolution, that is, they really use ENS products instead of just registering, the number of rewards will be doubled, which will further increase the rewards for loyal users.
On the whole, for the ENS project, a loyal user’s account may receive more airdrop rewards than the “Wool Party” 10 address accounts. For example, if you are an early ENS user, the number of days you hold a domain name is 1 year, and you have 1 more. Year expires, then your airdrop reward is about 123 (0.27*365+0.067*365), and the “Wool Party” has registered 10 domain names with 10 addresses, each of which is held for 1 month, and will be Expiring in the next month, the total reward obtained is about 101 (0.27*30*10+0.067*30*10), and your one account reward is about 1.2 times the speculator’s 10 accounts. Therefore, participate in the project as early as possible and accompany the project to grow together. Even if there is only one address account, the final airdrop reward will be considerable.
Optimism: Increase airdrop rewards for ecologically active users and give back to active participants in the Ethereum ecosystem
After Optimism announced the issuance of tokens, there has been speculation in the circle that other Layer 2s (such as Arbitrum) may also follow suit. Learning from Optimism’s airdrop rules will help to obtain a larger reward amount in other Layer 2 or chain airdrops. Optimism will airdrop to six types of users, the specific rules are as follows:
1) Ordinary users: users who cross-chain from Ethereum to Optimism in the early stage of the mainnet before June 23, 2021, or users who use Optimism for more than one day after that, i.e. the first transaction and the last transaction more than 24 hours, And use the Dapp on the chain to complete the transaction, each address can get 727.36 airdrop tokens;
2) Active users: Those who meet the first condition and have completed at least one transaction using Dapp on Optimism within 4 different weeks, select the top 20% users who meet the conditions, and each address can get 1584.42 airdrop tokens;
3) DAO governance participants: have participated in voting or wrote at least one on-chain proposal, or at least two off-chain proposals (Snapshot), each address can get 254.45 airdrop tokens;
4) Multi-signer: The current signer of Multi-Sig, who has executed at least 10 transactions, each address can get 1114.23 airdrop tokens;
5) Gitcoin Donors: On-chain donations made through Gitcoin, this includes any donation, 520.34 airdrop tokens per address;
6) Ethereum loyal users: The address is bridged to another chain, but still conducts transactions on the Ethereum Dapp every month, with an average transaction frequency of at least 2 times a week, select the top 60% of the eligible, each The address gets 383.27 airdrop tokens.
In addition to the accumulative airdrop rewards for each condition, Optimism has also launched an additional “superimposed reward”, that is, on the premise that Optimism ordinary users are satisfied, if they meet 4 or more conditions, they can get superimposed rewards , the more conditions are met, the more superimposed rewards will be obtained at the end (5 is greater than 4).
Similar to ENS, under Optimism’s airdrop rules, the airdrop reward for a long-term loyal user is likely to be greater than that of multiple “Wool Party” accounts. Even if the two terms of multi-signer and Gitcoin donor are put aside, as a long-term user of Optimism, it is still possible to obtain the stacking rewards of 4 conditions, and finally the cumulative rewards of different conditions, one account will be far better than multiple transactions only a few times. The second “Wool Party” account, after all, many “Wool Party” accounts only meet the first condition.
It can also be seen from the Optimism airdrop that, as a “chain” or Layer 2, if users want to get more airdrop rewards, in addition to becoming early users, they also need to actively participate in the governance activities of the entire ecosystem, and also actively participate in “Layer 1” “The construction activities of the Ethereum ecology means becoming an active participant in the “parent chain” ecology, which also inspires us to ambush “sub-chain” airdrop rewards under the multi-chain ecology, such as Cosmos ecology, Avalanche sub-network Wait.
From the early DeFi projects to the ENS application protocol, and finally to the recent chain Optimism, it can be found that the airdrop rules are becoming more and more complex, and they are constantly tilting towards loyal long-term users. This trend is expected to intensify. From the airdrop rules of Optimism and ENS, it can be seen that the final result of “raising” an account is no worse than that of multiple “trumpets”. Perhaps the era of airdrops where “accounts lie in quality and not in abundance” will slowly begin. .
Posted by:CoinYuppie，Reprinted with attribution to:https://coinyuppie.com/how-do-i-get-the-airdrop-for-a-raised-account-we-analyzed-several-textbook-level-airdrops/
Coinyuppie is an open information publishing platform, all information provided is not related to the views and positions of coinyuppie, and does not constitute any investment and financial advice. Users are expected to carefully screen and prevent risks.